This month marks the Restless Writer’s 5-yr blogiversary with almost 36,000 views.
We’re not perfect bloggers, writers, or people for that matter. We may not post as often as we’d like to but we do the best we can. Each of us are at different stages in our writing lives, doing what we can, when we can, and how we can. If it means finding inspiration in our life stories, our kids, or our cats—that is what we do. Whether it’s producing chapters (or cookies) for our meetings—that is what we do.
It was Einstein who said it’s our human responsibility to do the best we can, it’s what keeps us happy, keeps us engaged, and gives meaning to our lives.
Do your best. Go the extra mile. And do it for your characters too. More importantly, don’t beat yourself up for what you haven’t done (or written), and celebrate the things you have!
How to be the best you can be, in writing and in life:
1. Figure out what you want and what you want to write.
2. Take a small step each day to get there.
3. Ask for and be open to critique.
4. Find a role model.
5. Take risks.
6. Be healthy (so you are ready for anything).
7. Be yourself and honest with yourself.
8. Try new things.
9. Treat yourself (well, duh, we have mastered this one. It’s called butter tarts).