This page features our current writing projects—be it a short story, a novel, or a shopping list.
What Maria is working on:
- A handful of short stories, whenever I have the time to dip back into them.
- An as-yet untitled novel (contemporary women’s fiction).
- A “best of” anthology of the Restless Writers.
What B. Jas is working on:
- “Waiting on Wonderful” (novel, middle-grade fiction, on submission)
- “My Cat is an Alien” (children’s picture book, on submission)
- “The Priti Strain” (novel, young adult fiction, on submission)
- “The Women He Left Behind” (memoir, in progress)
- “From Nebula to Here” (screenplay). Placed in top 20% 2014 Academy Nicholl Fellowship, Finalist in 2009 Blue Cat Screenplay Competition & hon. mention: 77th Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competition, 2008).
- “Kazen” (screenplay). Quarter finalist 2014 ScreamCraft Horror Script Contest.
- “Mystic” (screenplay). Second rounder 2014 Nashville Film Festival Screenwriting Competition.
- “Storytellers” (screenplay). Second rounder 2013 & 14 Austin Film Festival Screenplay & Teleplay Competition.
- “From Vile to Vegas” (personal essay, pub. in Chicken Soup for the Soul, Nov. 2011)
- “The Restless Writers” (personal essay, pub. in Chicken Soup for the Soul, June 2013)
- “Little Earthlings: Storytelling for Environmental Change” (non-fiction)
What Andrea is working on:
- “The Messy Art of Motherhood” (one-woman show, in progress)
- “Dean…Now and Then” (novel, creative non-fiction, in progress)
- “My Simple Desires” (blog of life musings, always in progress, but not always as frequently updated as simply desired)
What Sharon is working on:
- “The Woo Woo Comes Through” (personal essay submitted to Chicken Soup for the Soul, March 2013)
- “No School. No Way. No How.” (children’s picture book, in progress)
- “Too da loo Mary Lou” (children’s picture book, in progress)